United Kingdom Prospective Entrepreneur
• Your proposed business funding must be £50,000 to £200,000 and you must be able to prove that your business is being considered for funding by 1 or more:
• Registered venture capitalist firms regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
• UK entrepreneurial seed-funding competitions endorsed by UK Trade and Investment
• UK government departments
• Sponsor letters
How long you can stay:
• You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
• You can also apply to change (‘switch’) to a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa anytime within 6 months.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa: This Visa allows you to stay there for 3 years and 4 months.
What you can and can’t do in UK…
• Go to meetings, conferences, interviews or site visits
• Go to trade fairs, as long as they’re only for promoting your business and don’t involve selling anything directly to the public
• Arrange deals, trade agreements or contracts
• Speak at a one-off, not-for-profit conference
• Check details of products and buy them
• Recruit staff, as long as it’s for the business allowed by your visa
• live in the UK for extended periods in the same category
• work, including selling merchandise
• get public funds
• marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
• get private medical treatment
• extend your visa into same category or switch into another category except tier 1 Entrepreneur
• bring in family members (‘dependents’) – they must apply separately